Wednesday, January 17, 2007

A Cloud’s Prayer


Float me in the sky
And let me feed on the water
That flees upward from the sun-baked sea
Let the wind carry me
Let me drift

Let me pour down and out of myself
Let me swell rivers
Fill reservoirs
Let the wheat drink of me
Let me become bread to feed the people
Let animals lap at me
And quench their thirst

Let children play in me
Let me wet their hair and clothes
And run down their faces
Let their mothers kiss them
And pour me out of their shoes

Let me loom ominous
Let me become dark and dangerous
Let me unleash my anger
In thunderous flashes
Let me humble the proud
And remind the Earth
Let me cast rainbows

Let me have no skin
No boundaries
Let me mingle with my brothers and sisters
Until we no longer know
One from another
And no longer care.


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

thank you for the ethereal rush, love ~ what a soothing, embracing poem.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the wonderful experience of being Water in all Its ways...a wonderful journey through the cycles of the substance which makes all life on Earth possible.

Unknown said...

Wolf, this was great!
Thanks.

Anonymous said...

Good words.